- Anaesthesia for complex vascular surgery
- Anaesthesia for upper gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia for bariatric surgery
- Anaesthesia for obstetrics and gynaecology
- Acute pain management
- Perioperative management of high-risk patients
- Medical Education, Training and Welfare
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery (University of Adelaide)
- Graduate Certificate in Critical Care Medicine (University of Sydney)
- Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaethetists
Dr Adelaide Schumann completed her medical degree at the University of Adelaide in 2012. She went on to complete her internship and general residency at the Royal Adelaide Hospital before commencing her anaesthetic training in South Australia as part of the SA/NT Rotational Anaesthesia Training Scheme in 2015.
Dr Schumann undertook her fellowships at Flinders Medical Centre in Liver Transplant/Hepatobiliary Anaesthesia and Vascular Anaesthesia in 2019/2020 where she was able to further her skills and knowledge in the management of high-risk patients for complex procedures.
Her interests include analgesic strategies for Upper GIT/Hepatobiliary anaesthesia as well as perioperative optimisation for high risk vascular patients. She also has a keen interest in teaching FANZCA Primary course material.